Sexual Violence Support Resources and Education - Colgate University Skip Navigation

Haven - Sexual Violence Support and Resources

We encourage all members of our campus community to seek support for and to report all sexual harassment and gender-based violence.

About Haven

The Haven, as the sexual assault response center for the Colgate community, provides confidential care, support, advocacy, and trauma-informed clinical services for survivors of sexual assault and other forms of violence. In collaboration with on- and off-campus partners, we offer sexual assault awareness and prevention programming. 

Services offered at Haven include individual counseling, group therapy, consultation, crisis intervention, with prevention and education outreach. Haven is located in the garden level of Curtis Hall. 

Sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking can impact people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, ages, socio-economic statuses, and national origins.

Colgate's commitment
We are committed to the goals of fairness and equity in all aspects of the educational enterprise, and to a learning and living environment where all members of the community feel safe and respected. Acts of sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking are serious violations of our community values. The university will not tolerate sexual misconduct, or other forms of sexual violence or nonconsensual sexual activity, and will respond promptly and equitably to these incidents and to any student, staff, or faculty member who reports such incidents.

Title IX

We encourage all members of our campus community to seek support for and report all incidents of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct directly to the Title IX Officer, Marilyn D. Rugg at or 315-228-7288. 

See the Title XI Policy and Equity Grievance Process and Sexual Violence Reports (2012-2016) for more information. 


In an emergency, call Campus Safety at 315-228-7911. Campus Safety can assist with transportation to medical care and connect you with a counselor, even if you do not wish to report to the university or the police.