InfoShare - Students Sharing Select Information Skip Navigation


InfoShare allows students to share select records online with trusted individuals like parents or guardians.
Students determine who will be identified as a "designee" and which of the following items that person (or people) can view:
  • Academic transcript (unofficial)
  • Class schedule
  • Final grades
  • Financial aid application requirements
  • Financial aid awards
  • Holds (financial and academic)
  • Registration status

Student Access

  • Sign in to the portal.
  • Look for the InfoShare tab under Banner Self-Service.

Designee Access

Designees must first be granted access by a student, then may access InfoShare here: DESIGNEE ACCESS

How To Set Up A Designee

  1. Go to the portal and click the InfoShare tab under Banner Self-Service
  2. Click Add Proxy, fill in the required information, and again click Add Proxy
  3. "Expand" your designee by clicking on name
  4. Set a relationship for your designee
  5. Click authorization tab and choose which pieces of information you’d like to make available to your designee (Information is saved automatically once it is entered or a box is checked)
Your designee will automatically receive an e-mail after ALL steps are completed properly.

Important Links


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that helps protect the privacy of student education records. Students allowing access to their records through InfoShare are not waiving their FERPA rights. MORE FERPA INFO

FAQs for Students
How do I save information and preferences I enter on the InfoShare page?
The Profile tab automatically saves the information you enter. You can also view recent activity (including the profile changes you’ve made) using the History tab. Same thing with the Authorization tab; it automatically saves the items you’ve selected. If the box next to the item is checked, your designee has access to view it.

Can my designee call the registrar’s office or other offices on campus to discuss the information they see?
No. InfoShare authorization does not grant university officials the authority to discuss your information with your designee. InfoShare gives you the ability to grant access to view – and only view – select information. If your designee has a question about what they are viewing, they should speak to you. If you’d like someone to be able to discuss your confidential academic records with a university official, you must submit a FERPA waiver to the appropriate office.

My designee said they can’t see my Student Accounts information. Where can I authorize this?
Student Accounts information (tuition, billing, etc.) is not available via InfoShare. To authorize access to your billing information for a third party, please go to QuikPay on the portal and complete the steps under the “Authorized Payers” tab. All questions about QuikPay should be directed to the Student Accounts Office (315-228-7812 or

How do I change what my designee can access or remove access entirely?
Click your designee’s name to expand their profile. Click on the Authorization tab and check or uncheck boxes to adjust their access. To remove all access change the stop date on your designee’s Profile tab and/or remove all checkmarks on your designee’s Authorization tab. Doing either of these will remove all access to your records.

How many people can I list as designees?
There is no limit to how many people you can authorize on InfoShare; however, we caution you to limit your designees to only trusted individuals who are vital to your educational experience at Colgate.

FAQs for Designees
I lost my login information. What should I do?
Your username is the e-mail address that your student used to grant you access. If you aren’t sure which e-mail address was used, please ask your student. To reset your PIN you can: Use the Forgot PIN link on the sign-in page, your student can initiate a PIN reset for you, or you can contact the Colgate Helpline ( or 315-228-7111 option 3). If you would like your student to initiate your password reset, they can find the link on the profile tab.

My student does not know how to grant me access to InfoShare. Can a university official do this for me?
Your student must initiate your authorization to view their information. Colgate officials cannot. Students can find instructions on this webpage and also can contact the Colgate Helpline with any technical questions ( or 315-228-7111 option 3).

I do not see all of my student's “secure” information. Why?
The items your student has authorized you to view will appear on the tab with your student’s name on it. If you do not see the information you were expecting you should contact your student. If your student has authorized you to view an item but you still do not see it you may contact the Colgate Helpline for assistance ( or 315-228-7111 option 3).

I do not see my student’s tuition bill on InfoShare. Why?
Student Accounts information (tuition, billing, etc.) is not available via InfoShare. Your student can give you access to such information using QuikPay, which is on the student’s portal page. Questions about QuikPay should be directed to the Student Accounts Office (315-228-7812 or

How do I log out of InfoShare?
To log out, simply close your browser window. The session will expire once the browser window is closed.

Can I discuss the information I see on InfoShare with a university official?
No. InfoShare authorization does not grant university officials the authority to discuss a student’s information with a designee. If you have a question about what you are viewing, you may speak to your student. University officials may discuss general Colgate policies but are restricted by FERPA from discussing anything specific to a particular student’s education record. Read more about FERPA.