Colgate dreams big dreams. The Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations connects the university with organizations and agencies that are prepared to support our students and faculty as they transform those dreams into reality. Colgate receives about $3 million in grant funding annually from foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
Recent Grants to Colgate:
- A Beckman Scholars Program award is providing multi-year research funding for students majoring in biology or chemistry. Colgate joins a distinguished group of 12 universities that received the award from the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation in 2016, including Emory, Vanderbilt, and the University of Chicago.
- A $700,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation supported the Sophomore Residential Seminars program.
- Funding from the Institute of International Education helps Colgate bring language interns from abroad each year to assist students learning Chinese and Russian.
- More than 25 science grants from federal agencies — including the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA — are assisting faculty and student research and laboratory instrumentation.
- The New York Six Liberal Arts Consortium (Colgate, Hamilton College, Hobart & William Smith, Skidmore, St. Lawrence, and Union colleges) has received grants from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and Teagle Foundation to support collaborative activities.
These are just a few of our recent success stories. Members of the Colgate community can help us add to the list by introducing our university to organizations interested in funding higher education initiatives.